WARNING: this is not your granny’s banana nut bread. Adapted from a recipe from The Pampered Chef, I modified it using more chocolate chips and peanut butter. Extremely dense, it’s filling without being too sweet it’s hands down the best banana nut bread you’ll ever eat.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Nut Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray bottom of Loaf Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add bananas, milk, peanut butter, oil and egg; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Reserve the remaining 1/3 cup.
- Spoon batter into pan; sprinkle with peanuts and 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan to cooling rack; cool completely.